cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Exemptions on Supplier Part versus Company Part

ponrust
1-Newbie

Exemptions on Supplier Part versus Company Part

A Supplier Part can be used in multiple applications. The same Supplier Part can be compliant (with exemption) in one application but not in another (exemption not valid). In the current WPA application it only possible to set an exemption on the Supplier Part. Not on the Company Part. This may lead to a wrong analysis since the exemption may not be valid for all usages.

Example:

A Granulate with PAH (restricted by Reach) can be used if applied when not in contact with skin (so exemption valid) but is not compliant for skin contact parts.

How do other users deal with this challenge?

1 REPLY 1
flamy
10-Marble
(To:ponrust)

As far as I know this has not been a common request and I am not sure that the solution proposed will work. In the example given : A supplier part is allowed / valid when the REACH failing part does not contact skin (hence and exemption) .. but adding an exemption  on the company part (this implied applicability to all related supplier parts) does not solve that issue, as this problem is BOM configuration specific.  The problem would be solved by applying an exemption on a part for a particular BOM, which we do nto support today.

WPA provides guidance regarding product regulation adherence, but in specific case, I will expect the use rto overrule the BOM reports based on their won analysis in this example  with the part placement in the BOM in regards to skin contact.

Top Tags