cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Export and import wtpart structure with creo view representations

GJ_11095913
1-Newbie

Export and import wtpart structure with creo view representations

Hi,

we need to copy a large WTParts structure including associated Creo View representations and related IBAs, between prod to a test system. The user inter face based solutions crash due to the dire size of the structure.

Which are the possibilities to extract the structure in Windchill backend, which should resolve into an XML load file + Creo View files on disk, which we can then import into the target system?

On top of this, in the extracted XML we have the need to make small adjustments, for example add a prefix to the numbers, and small things. Therefore we need some kind of XML that we can modify.

/Gustav

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @GJ_11095913,

Thank you for your question. 

Your post appears well documented but has not yet received any response. I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Regards,

Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:GJ_11095913)

I think this is a case for package replication. 

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FPackageImportExportOview.html%23

I have never done this in practice. I've only created them for export. Its a place to start. I think there is opportunity to edit the XML to do what you asked.

jlecoz
13-Aquamarine
(To:avillanueva)

I think package replication set the data in read-only mode on the target system.

You can use them but you can't modify them.

Don't know if we can override this.

Hello @GJ_11095913,

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped to answer your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags