cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Export customized assembly BOM in Windchill

tleati
10-Marble

Export customized assembly BOM in Windchill

Hello,

I usually have to export a list of the totals of commercial parts (like screws, nuts, washers etc etc, common parts outsourced from suppliers) included in assemblies, in order to give it to the purchase office.

In Creo (prametric and windchill), we codify their number and file name as Cxxxxx (C stands for "commercial") where xxxxx is an internal code, while their common name contains its description (e.g., if C00002 is a hex head screw M10x30, the part file name is C00002.prt, the number is C00002 and the part common name is "hex head screw M10x30").

I would like, one I have finished an assembly, to export a Bill Of Materials containing ONLY them, without necessity to export the complete BOM with the apposite function, then erase rows etc etc...so I am searching for a function in Windchill, if present, that would allow me to do this. In addition, it would be hugely useful to have, in this list, in addition to the file name and its total quantity in the master assembly (present by default in Creo BOM list), also the common names assigned to the parts.

I thought there must necessarily be a sort of customized bill of materials maybe in "View Information" (Structure tab?), that can be filtered and exported in an excel or txt file maybe.

Anyone knows how to do it or has some suggestions?

thanks

bye bye

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags