cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Export list to XLSX

NANDAN247
5-Regular Member

Export list to XLSX

In windchill 12.0 when we try to export a large report to XLSX format, the page keeps loading and the excel sheet is not generated/downloaded. These report contains around 150000 item, but we were able to generate the report into excel format when we were using 11.0 within few minutes but now it keeps on loading endlessly.

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:NANDAN247)

Is it the same version of Excel?

I would open a case with tech support as I doubt any user can solve this, unless they have also run into this issue.

Are you using a reverse proxy? I've seen the following error when exporting to XLSX:

Proxy Error. The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

If you are using a reverse proxy, did you see any errors in the Apache logs?

NANDAN247
5-Regular Member
(To:SWeiler_9940261)

Thank you for your reply.

When the export list to file window opens it keeps on loading endlessly. When I run report with less items then the XLSX export is completed this issue is only for reports with large number of items.

Yes I checked the logs there is no error information.

I looked to see if you are exceeding the limits. I found this reference:
  • The property com.ptc.jca.exportRowLimit determines the maximum number of rows that can be exported for a table
  • The default value is the maximum number of rows that Microsoft Excel 2003 can handle (65535) and 1048576 max rows for Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010

NANDAN247
5-Regular Member

We had tried this as well before but no luck 

NANDAN247
5-Regular Member

Can you please let me know what did you do to fix this with reverse proxy settings? Did you increase the limit in the reverse proxy server?

Increased the limit of com.ptc.jca.exportRowLimit (It was set to the maximum of Excel 2003; 65535) and also did a dnsflush as there was a proxy error. We were seeing an error in the apache log: AH01102: error reading status line from remote server

Ran into another similar situation. Was able to solve it. See thread:
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Proxy-error-on-Export-of-large-XLSX-file/m-p/796376#M66835

Top Tags