cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Export windchill directory server from Windchill 11.1.M020

RW_10682860
10-Marble

Export windchill directory server from Windchill 11.1.M020

Hello all,

We are planning new install of Windchill PDMLink 12.1.2.0 from scratch on a Win Server.

How can we

1) Export Windchill Directory Server "data and settings" from an existing PDM Essentials 11.1.M020 and then import it into PDMLink install. (PDMLink does not come now with WindchillDS anymore)

2) What replaces Windchill DS in Windchill PDMLink 12.1.2.0?

3) Do we need to use upgrade manager as part of the install process? Is it even required?

Sincerely,

Raj

4 REPLIES 4

There are many posts and articles on this. I would start here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS337554?source=Bloop

If you are migrating, you need to migrate to a temporary WindchillDS system first then you can move data to something like OpenDJ

Upgrade manager is required but not for LDAP move after upgrade is finished.

I do not see a LDIF file anywhere in the old install PDM Essentials 11.1.M020. Wondering how did the users get added.

And I see a blank D:\ptc\WindchillDS\server\ldif in this case.

Any way to find if WindchillDS was even implemented in the older install?

Any insights?

Thank you

You have to export the ldif file... Launch control-panel.bat, log in to the Windchill DS cn=<login name> and then password. Guidance on upgrading to a non-WCDS version of WC (post 12.0.2) here is another helpful case: CS337415.

rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:RW_10682860)

It might be worth checking the upgrade path from 11.1 M020, I’m not sure the upgrade manager will go directly to 12.1, it didn’t a few months ago anyway. 

Top Tags