cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Exporting Global Organizers/Attributes

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Exporting Global Organizers/Attributes

Is there a command line utility to export Global Organizers and Global Attribute definitions? I thought for sure that there was but I'm unable to find it.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CE2571.9CA95BC0]

5 REPLIES 5

You can export type,type attributes, are on along with the layout config. How to in help center. Not sure if this is what you need. Have to create a loadfile xml export rule.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Yea the command “windchill wt.load.LoadFromFile –D ExportDefinition.xml” won’t get me the definition of the global attribute definitions themselves.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CE262B.4D1E3E80]

wow, so sad to see this is a dead thread from 8 years ago. i would really like to export my full set of reusable (global) attributes to have as a backup and source of truth for unintended changes. i'll keep searching...

Not sure I follow the request.  Today Definition Exporter does get global enumerations associated with the object type being exported.  I just did this today between test and staging 11.2 environments.

You can also export Global Enumerations directly.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS33940

Matt, thank you so much for this feedback! I contacted PTC Technical Support yesterday and received the following answer of No: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS158353

I used your link and ran the export command to get exactly what I was looking for.

My Windchill system has some mismatches between ID and Logical_ID and it was impossible to validate all the attributes from the UI. Now I can post process the XML and cross reference the ID's in Excel.

Game On!

Top Tags