cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Exporting "My Tasks"

ptc-4857215
1-Newbie

Exporting "My Tasks"

I have the option to export my tasks to excel but, when i do, all i get is an excel file with the headers but no tasks listed. Can anyone explain how to export tasks?

Tasks.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

According to the help topic that describes actions on the Tasks table, when you choose Edit and Export to Excel, as shown in the screen capture above, only the tasks for which you have modify privileges will be included in the spreadsheet. If you select Export to Excel, all action items displayed are available for download. Does that information help to address your question?

Regards,

Jane

Jane Zupfer

VP, Enterprise Products Publications
PTC.com

Unfortunetly, Edit and Export to Excel and Export to Excel result in the same thing.

These actions are only supported with create and edit of Action Items.

How do users export tasks then?

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-4857215)

If the goal for the export is for a reporting, my company has developed some pretty slick reporting methods that can basically pull anything in the Windchill database.  We are currently in beta-testing with our current customers, but the results are looking very promising.  We can produce "data-intensive" excel-type formats for manipulation as well as clean-cut PDF style read-only formats for higher-level consumption as well.

If Windchill users are looking to pull this report on-demand, you might be able to use QueryBuilder to accomplish what you are looking for.  I have a lot of experience there and would be happy to work with you on this path to a solution too.

If you are interested, please send me a direct message at robert.sindelar@eccellent.com.

Top Tags