cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Extract thumbnail images from Windchill

SWeiler_9940261
15-Moonstone

Extract thumbnail images from Windchill

Does anyone know of an easy way to save out thumbnail images of EPM Documents from Windchill? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are looking for something interactive, then right click on the representation in the content tab and save to disk. You will find a jpg file from the thumbnail. If you are looking to export many then a more or less easy way is write a Java program started by command line. You will find some samples on the community or in the PTC knowledge base. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you are looking for something interactive, then right click on the representation in the content tab and save to disk. You will find a jpg file from the thumbnail. If you are looking to export many then a more or less easy way is write a Java program started by command line. You will find some samples on the community or in the PTC knowledge base. 

If you need to get just a few you can download them by using the "Save Representation" option under Representations/Annotations. You'll download several files.  Among them you'll have the thumbnails.

If you need a lot of them and want to do a bulk download that's probably a custom utility.

I wrote a utility that can download content from Windchill vault or BLOB in dB.

I could expand it to do Thumbnails.

For example, you could input EPMDoc number (and version maybe) and the utility could find the EPMDocument and from there get the rep and download only the Thumbnails.  Not sure if you also want the small Thumbnail and the 3D Thumbnail but either way it's very doable.

David

ScottMoorman
5-Regular Member
(To:d_graham)

I'd be interested in information on that utility if it's available.  Specifically pulling the BLOBs from the DB to get the thumbnails.

Top Tags