Just got FAST installed and running for first time on a test install of 9.0 M040 with production data rehosted to it (on our to-be production hardware for 9). Thewindchill wt.index.BulkIndexToolcommand returns~ 540,000 objects to be indexed; in about 24 hours it got thru ~ 110,000 (using default wblib collection - all objects, all states, all domains). Some preliminary searching shows that things are working (hurrah!).
PTC documentation on this from both an admin and user point of view seems very incomplete and confusing in a few places. The suggested settings in some config files don't seem to work also. If you currently use FAST in production and have some best practices, suggested tuning settings, etc. I'd love to talk w/you. Thanks in advance - we're developing an admin how-to and best practice for this and I'll provide to anyone interested (once it has been improved a lot from it's current state).
A fewmajor questions:
1. It appears that if you use a keyword, you cannot also use any criteria for Number and/or Name. Is this true? What criteria can be applied to filter the results of a keyword search?
2. The Admin guide says to create more collections if desired (in addition to wblib), but doesn't say how. It implies that the
wt.index.federatedLibraries property in wt.properties can be multivalued, but it didn't seem to work adding values to it.
property in wt.properties can be multivalued, but it didn't seem to work adding values to it.
3. We've got FAST on separate (Windows) machine with 4GB RAM. Any advice for optimizing performance on both that machine and on the Windchill side? Any changes needed in Windchill cache settings, or??
4. Some new preferences show up for both admin and users with FAST in place. Advice on these?
5. We created a Pro/E Drawing with sample text in all possible places. FAST seems to find only about 1/2 of them. Does anyone have info on what FAST in fact indexes on Pro/E Drawings?