cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

FMEA Failure Rate Calculation

jharrison
1-Newbie

FMEA Failure Rate Calculation

Good afternoon,

I am trying to generate functional FMEA reports for various systems comprising multiple sub-assemblies and parts. Within each FMEA System Tree under "Failure Rate Type" there is the option "Calculated". I assumed this option calculated the top level failure rate of the system based on the item/ mode failure rates specified within the FMEA worksheet but the "calculated" result does not appear in any field that can be used in a report. The only one that appears to be available is the "Specified, Failure Rate" where I have to manually enter the total failure rate of the system.

Can someone please advise what the calculation Windchill FMEA performs when "Calculated" is selected and where the results are displayed for use in a report?

FYI, version of Windchill being used is: Windchill Quality Solutions 2011 Enterprise Edition M220

Regards,

Joel

1 REPLY 1

Hi Joel,

Failure Rate Calculated results are typically rolled up in a Component FMEA.

Out of the Box, users typically perform a reliability prediction against a System Tree. Reliability Prediction allows calculation of failure rates at component levels and performs appropriate roll ups to higher levels. FMEA leverages these within Component FMEAs.

You can support rollups to Functional FMEA trees via a User Calculation. The specific calculation you should use is a Field Calculation, and pick "System Tree Roll Up". You can use one or more of the User Value fields to store inputs and results.

Announcements

Top Tags