cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

FRACAS Incident - assign a user group by other user group

tkrieger
5-Regular Member

FRACAS Incident - assign a user group by other user group

Hi all,

working with Windchill 11.0, FRACAS, trying to get some kind of "Workflow" done, but as complete newbie I hit a wall. We have two user groups for web access (Incoming, Production). The idea was as follows:

Production user enters incident (user group production) through a Production Incident Form -> last step is to push a button and to transfer it to Incoming Dep. (or any other department) (calculation: assign entry to user group "Incoming Inspection").

Incoming user gets now the new entry displayed in the Incoming Incidents Table and can create a Fault Report based on the data.

-> Trick: The Production user should only see production entries, the incoming user only Incoming entries.

If I am logged in as Admin, the switching of assignments works. But If I am logged in as Production user, it appears that I can not change the user group. This might be a misunderstanding, but I assumed that workflow is controlled by assigning tasks to user groups  (Task A, User group 1 starts, at the task end User Group 2 receives result of Task A, processes the results as Task B, ......).

I know, a complete newbie questions. I appreciate any insight - thanks a lot!

-Tobias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tkrieger
5-Regular Member
(To:tkrieger)

...so after testing my answer is that the "user group" in the FRACAS incident table can't be switched by another user, only by admin. My initial thought, assign a task by switching from one user group to another one does not work (at least not if you use the field $(group). It is possible to add a list similar to the user groups and just use this one.

-Tobias

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tkrieger
5-Regular Member
(To:tkrieger)

...so after testing my answer is that the "user group" in the FRACAS incident table can't be switched by another user, only by admin. My initial thought, assign a task by switching from one user group to another one does not work (at least not if you use the field $(group). It is possible to add a list similar to the user groups and just use this one.

-Tobias

Top Tags