cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

FTA Import (Team Project Files) Problems

MichelJasic
1-Newbie

FTA Import (Team Project Files) Problems

Hello,

I had some problems when trying to import FTA from one working environment (server, database) to another.

We decided to move FTA modifications from DEV environment to QA by using Downsize/Upsize method. In order to do this, I downsized the FMEA project currently in Production environment (Copy to Team Project... option in Project menu). Then I imported it to our QA environment as new project. The Production project had a kind of small test for FTA somebody did, with FTA table containing only three records. So far, so good.

Then I did the same on the DEV side in order to export FTA, but I used the entire System File and all the FTA options in Export. FTA Table containes about 15 records.

Finally, I imported the files from the exported DEV (option: Copy Files from Another Project)

As the original Production project did not really use FTA, I needed to add FTA Table format as Default Table format for FTA (Project...File Inputs - FTA Table Format). Without this, I was unable to see the FTA Table.

When the import finished and I opened FTA table, there were only three records, as in the original Prod FTA table, and no traces of the 15 records coming from DEV.

Can anybody tell me what did I do wrong and what I should have done?

Which options should I use when importing FTA to an existing project (or when exporting)? Where is FTA data stored?

IMPORTANT:

When I imported the entire FMEA project from Dev to QA, everything was there, but as we will "patch" FTA to the existing FMEA projects, I need to do it selectively.

Thanks.

Michel

1 REPLY 1

Hello Michel,

I see that you posted this some time ago. Is this still an issue for you?

Thank you,

Ryan

Top Tags