cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

FTA diagrams to PDF problem

ptc-4623240
1-Newbie

FTA diagrams to PDF problem

Hi.

I am using Relex 2011 (will update to Windchill in 3 weeks) and I have come across a strange problem.

When I create a PDF file from a Fault Tree Report, some of the Fault Tree Diagrams ends up as ''pictures'' in the PDF, so I cant search for specific words. It is always the same trees that does this and I've tried to make new copies of them and replacing the old ones with the new, and inserting new gates and events, but that specific tree always ends up as a none searchable pic in the pdf, while the rest of them is all good.

This is not just one single tree that does this, in a 20 page report ~5-7 of the trees is like this. I really cant find whats specific about this trees that causes this problem.

Anyone knows the cause of this or maybe even a solution?

Thanks in advance

/Albin Jakobsson

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

1. What service release of Relex 2011 are you using (try to update to the latest release M210)?

2. Try to print your report as Microsoft Word Document (.doc) and then print as PDF file in MS Word.

1. I am using release M010 and for some reason i will not be able to update until in 3 weeks.

2. Printing report as .doc does not do any good. Some of the diagrams still end up as pictrues insted of textboxes.

Top Tags