cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

FTP Connection Timeout with larger assemblies

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

FTP Connection Timeout with larger assemblies

Setup a new FTPS CAD worker  (Creo) the other day and let it run a few test jobs. Most jobs run just fine but am seeing FTP Connection timeouts on jobs with larger assemblies. It is just after it does the Thumbnail and I guess starts to FTP the data back to Windchill (or Windchill does to retrieve it). It sits there for some time before it fails with that message. I have not seen something like this before but I would not discount I misconfigured something. I copied my worker config from the replacement box. Its currently a Win10 workstation worker.  FTP is configured using IIS. Just a shot in the dark. I cannot tell if this is the FTP server saying it took too long to retrieve data. Does the FTP connection say active the entire job or does it close and restart a new job? What is odd is that many jobs and assemblies work just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We traced this issue to security software killing the FTP connection. It saw it as an intrusion detection event. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:avillanueva)

What are the short and long timeouts set to in the recipe file?

What are the publish.cadtimeout settings for assemblies, drawings and components set to in Windchill?

What is the exact error message in the publisher window? Depending on the message will tell me what to modify.

If the message indicates a timeout exceeding a value, then it is the publish.cadtimeout settings.

If the error has no time mentioned, then I adjust the short and long timeout values. Adjusting these may cause the publish.cadtimeout values to fail so raise these too.

We traced this issue to security software killing the FTP connection. It saw it as an intrusion detection event. 

Top Tags