cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Faceted Search Results and History

mdrum
6-Contributor

Faceted Search Results and History

When you want to refine a search using the facets, it looks through the history of the object and will report objects that are not the latest if (at some point in time in the object's history), it had that value.

For example, I had a WTPart classified as a wire with a "Type" attribute that was incorrectly selected as "Stranded" at version A.3.  I checked out and edited the WTPart, and changed it to "Hook-Up". 

When I perform the classification search on Wires, the wire shows up in the list, and in the type column, it reports as "Hook-Up" as expected.  But there are still some wires that are incorrectly classified as "Stranded", so I use the facet to try to refine the results to only show me the latest WTParts that are still incorrectly classified, however, when I select "Stranded", it brings up the A.3 version of my wire because at that point in history, it had that value.

Is there a way to set Faceting so that it only applies to the latest version of objects?

1 REPLY 1
joe_morton
17-Peridot
(To:mdrum)

I don't think this is a faceted search issue.. just a general issue with search. For example, if you search for items modified by a particular user in a particular timeframe, I believe it will return non-latest items. 

When I need to get better control of a search, I usually have to develop a report template

Top Tags