cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Family Table issue

skhonde
1-Newbie

Family Table issue

Issue is as follows:

A family table is opened in Pro Engineer along with an assemly. There is no modification done on any generic or instance of family table (it is not checked out). After doing all neccessary changes in the assembly, we try to save the assembly. At that time a conflict Window appears which gives the error description "Cannot save the family table instance XXX.prt because generic document "XXXX.prt" is not checked out".

In the actions field, it shows "Force saving this object".

Anyone has any idea about this error?

4 REPLIES 4
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:skhonde)

I see this often - just lock all the related records in the workspace. You should be able to save then.

I usually select all the records in the workspace and select Lock. You can't lock the ones you've checked out, so that's OK.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:skhonde)

If the family table was created/last modified in an earlier version of Pro/E it's possible that it's trying to update it to the later version of Pro/E's format. This generally requires a one-time save/check in. Subsequent retrievals should not cause the family table to be marked as modified after the neutral data has been updated.

What other reasons are there and what is so important that it causes Pro/E to fail to save the assembly that ultimately uses the failed family table item?

Mind that once the family table item is locked and cannot itself be saved, then the assembly can be saved, so it isn't to enforce some synchronization need.

If the above doesn't solve your issue, check the reference viewer and see what references are being made to the instance that it is trying to save.

After that, check relations both in the assembly and family table part.

Top Tags