cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Family table modifications

trood
2-Guest

Family table modifications

In my early years I pulled in a family table of screws and changed the colors of a few of them. Now I can't check in any of my models or drawings since now every screw in the table shows modified and new? When I try to check something in it pulls in ALL the screws and check in fails. The event manager says "

8-32x1-9-16pphsem.prt

This is the same for all 676 screws. If I try to delete them alone from my workspace I get "

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:trood)

Did you checkout the entire family table when you modified a few instances? This is critical for modifying a FT in Windchill. You should always checkout and modify the entire FT, not just a few instances. Do something simple, like add a dummy relation, verify the FT, then remove the relation and verify again to force the entire FT to be marked as modified so it can be checked back in.

Once you do this, you should be able to check in your assembly.

If you do not have access to change the FT, my users do not, then get with your WIndchill librarian to make the changes. We have Windchill set to mark all library files as read-only to the users so they cannot make changes.

You may need to undo the checkout of the FT from your workspace and lose the changes, but that may also allow the assemblies and drawings to be checked-in.

Thanks Ben I will forward this to the librarian so we can work together and get this done.

Top Tags