cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

File/Data Server Datecode Mismatch OK?

gleonard
1-Newbie

File/Data Server Datecode Mismatch OK?

I thought I had read a while back that it was possible to get by with a File Server at a different datecode than the Data Server, providing that the Client datecodes at least match the Data Server.

The reason I ask, is we are suffering from sporadic hangs of the 'nfsserv' process on our M030 File Server, presumably suffering from TAN 137511 and SPR 1369514. This issue reportedly had been resolved in M050.

Could I simply update the File Server to M050 without going thru the hassle of updating the Data Server and clients? As I expected, PTC immediately dismissed this solution as unworkable, but I thought you guys might know differently.

Thanks,
--
George Leonard,
Space Systems/Loral
T:650-852-5215
F:650-852-7170

1 REPLY 1

Forgot to mention, our current implementation is at M030.

George Leonard wrote:I thought I had read a while back that it was possible to get by with a File Server at a different datecode than the Data Server, providing that the Client datecodes at least match the Data Server.

The reason I ask, is we are suffering from sporadic hangs of the 'nfsserv' process on our M030 File Server, presumably suffering from TAN 137511 and SPR 1369514. This issue reportedly had been resolved in M050.

Could I simply update the File Server to M050 without going thru the hassle of updating the Data Server and clients? As I expected, PTC immediately dismissed this solution as unworkable, but I thought you guys might know differently.

Thanks,
--
George Leonard,
Space Systems/Loral
Top Tags