cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

File already existing issue in Send to PDM

BR_11095678
4-Participant

File already existing issue in Send to PDM

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Hi,

Description:

I have drawing formats and templates in projectlink as well as in PDMlink. When I try to move my drawings and parts to the PDMlink windchill is throwing error that the dependent part already exists in the context. Is there anyway to make windchill reuse the existing file as dependents?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:BR_11095678)

I think to resolve this, you need to replace or overwrite those formats from PDMLink (Generic Help site). Not exactly sure how to do that. If you can share with project from PDMLink to replace those copies, that could work. If not, you might have to delete items, put in formats, then bring back your CAD data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:BR_11095678)

I think to resolve this, you need to replace or overwrite those formats from PDMLink (Generic Help site). Not exactly sure how to do that. If you can share with project from PDMLink to replace those copies, that could work. If not, you might have to delete items, put in formats, then bring back your CAD data.

Thanks for your reply. "Add to project" option solved my issue. Instead of keeping formats in both project and PDMlink I just need to share my formats from PDMlink to projectlink and use it from there.

Hi @BR_11095678,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution or please feel free to detail in a reply what has helped you and mark it as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags