cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Find Participant Issue

vsondge
1-Newbie

Find Participant Issue

Hi All,

Could you please help me out to resolve the issue with ""Find Participant " tab opened as "blank" whenever we hit it to search any from Utilities -> Participant Administration (Windchill 10.2 MO30)

3 REPLIES 3
afraser-2
4-Participant
(To:vsondge)

Hello Vishal,

Could you elaborate on your issue a bit? Are you just getting no results when trying to search for participants, or is the whole window not loading? Also are you trying to add participants to a task or workflow, or are you using one of the utilites like "participant Administration"?

Just a reminder if you want to search for participants with a partial match, use a * character.

Example searching [Andrew] won't return any results, but searching [Andrew*] will return "Andrew Fraser" as a participant. (at least in 10.1, but i assume that still applies in 10.2). If you want to search for all participants just search [*] but I beleive you'll be limited to 50 results.

mmuth
1-Newbie

Also, are you connecting to Active Directory? If so, are you using a JNDI Adapter? Are you using filters?

doehr
1-Newbie

Hi there,

If the popup window itself for Find Participant is just completely blank that may be a Java issue, check your Java settings and version compatibility with your current Windchill system.

If you do see all the fields (a Search For dropdown filter selector at the top left, a Participant Name field and Search/Clear buttons just below that, a Search Results and Most Recent Participants fields on the lower left and a Participants List on the right), then please remember that the Name field is case sensitive. It's always easiest to put the person's first name (or even just part of it) then a * at the end for a wildcard that should make it easier to find someone.

Daryl

Top Tags