cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Finding content created by a user that has been deleted

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Finding content created by a user that has been deleted

Windchill 9.1 user here; I'm trying to find all parts, drawings and assemblies created by a user that is no longer working with our company.

The relevant objects' information pages show Created by: his name (deleted).

But I can't seem to be able to form a search criteria "Created By" that uses his name...  Because only active users are allowed to be selected with the find tool.

Please tell me if this is solved in 10.2, as we are upgrading soon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:psobejko)

Didn't know that Search uses the current Windchill DS list.  Query Builder reports are against the database, so these will definitely allow finding all by a user.  Even if you "delete" a user, all info about the user is retained in the database.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Didn't know that Search uses the current Windchill DS list.  Query Builder reports are against the database, so these will definitely allow finding all by a user.  Even if you "delete" a user, all info about the user is retained in the database.

Hi Mike, I tried to use the query builder but I'm not able to form a criteria based on the attribute "Created By.Full Name".

query_builder_question.png

I think I'm out of my depth here; I guess I'm naively trying to build a query to SELECT information FROM all [Workgroup Manager CAD Documents] WHERE:

Created By.Full Name = *(deleted)

questions:

1. is this not the right query to use?

2. can you use wild-cards when specifying the criteria expressions?

3. I suspect that I am trying to compare against an attribute derived from the raw data in the database (green triangle next to the attribute), and so I'm completely missing something fundamental?

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Wrestling with query builder is interesting to say the least.  For this one you've run into the limitations of what is mapped from users to the CAD Doc.  Have to add the type "User" to the first tab, then join on the 2nd tab as "Created by" or maybe "Modified by."  Then on Select, choose the user and select Full name.  Can make User Full Name a criteria and set as Parameter if needed to give the user running the report the needed filtering.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

There was a change from 9.1 to 10.2.  In 9.1 there was a "switch" you could throw that would let deleted users show up.  In 10.2 they show up automatically (in advanced searches).

Top Tags