cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Folder Domains at Org Level

Srinivas_256
5-Regular Member

Folder Domains at Org Level

Hello Everyone,

We have folder domains created in each product to provide access to respective groups in phase wise.We change the folder domain as and when product is matured.We have this 100+ products and each product has folder domains with ACLS(basically all products has same ACL s for folder domains).I am trying to remove this folder domains at product level and use shared team to control ACLS,I am able to assign shared Team ACLs to Product,but the domains created under shared team is not getting populated in the product,it seems folder domains is restricted to thier respective context!!Does anyone know how to use folder domains created at org level to all container(similar to how we use ACLS created at ORG and use them in context level).thoughts??

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Srinivas_256 

I guess that folder domain created on the org level can be used just for folders on the org level.

Product context domain level can be used only on the folder in the specific context. 

So You need to define ACL on each domain assigned to the folder in each context. 

HelesicPetr_1-1696336501742.png

HelesicPetr_2-1696336566843.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Srinivas_256 

I guess that folder domain created on the org level can be used just for folders on the org level.

Product context domain level can be used only on the folder in the specific context. 

So You need to define ACL on each domain assigned to the folder in each context. 

HelesicPetr_1-1696336501742.png

HelesicPetr_2-1696336566843.png

PetrH

Srinivas_256
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thanks Petr.

I checked with PTC on this and they confirmed same as above you mentioned.

Thank you for you response on this.

Best Regards,

Srinivas

Srinivas_256
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi Petr,

I checked with PTC also on this and they confirmed the same thing as you mentioned.

Thank you for your response on this.

Best Regards,

Srinivas

Top Tags