cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Followup: Help with attribute defaults (OIRs) and Security Lables

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Followup: Help with attribute defaults (OIRs) and Security Lables

Well, score one for RTFM. I missed a few keys steps around the LogicalAttributes XML file that were necessary. This brings me to the current problem. It appears that when the test rules attempt to read the number attributes, it comes back as null. This is very strange but I do not know the inner workings to the OIR logic. It is currently an open text field (user assigned) and when you click next to the Security Labels, I have some conditionals in the OIR rules that need to read it. Has anyone created a OIR rules that use the number attribute in a conditional?
1 REPLY 1

So here I am in the tech support death spiral. Many handoffs, escalations and TS Engineers. Here try this. Works on my server. Nope, not on mine. Let’s do a live screen share. Oh wait, I did my test on 10.1. Yeah, I’m running 9.1.

Still can’t figure out why “number” is null in OIR conditionals yet “name” is fine. I can see it in the logs which it tries to compare the values, the number attribute enters with no value. Very odd.
Top Tags