cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Fomula of all user of the organization for an attribute.

tfritsch
4-Participant

Fomula of all user of the organization for an attribute.

Hi,
I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.1 and Datecode with CPS M020-CPS27

Is it possible to make a formula in Type and Attribute manager who listing all users in the system:

My case is I need to create an attribute (on the product type) with the list of all people of the organisation.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:tfritsch)

Oh, you are looking for a drop down list to select a person. Well, the product does have an "owner" field which accepts a user and does list a drop down list of all users. Does that work for your purposes? Otherwise, why not just use the Product context team to define special roles for that area? It should be possible to link that as an alias attribute back to the Product but you can also report those role members on reports if you need to.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Can you explain your use case again? Are you looking to make an alias attribute? This will have a huge number of values and I am not sure why you would want to do this? For what purpose would this be used for?

tfritsch
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

Alias ou Calculated maybe more. I want to create an attribute on product type like project manager and I would like the list of people of the organization for populate with the good person (instead of free text with potential mistake) and in the future (in case of) If this attribute is use in a customization I can access  directly with a true login.

tfritsch
4-Participant

it's maybe not possible without customization because i need a calculated drop down list 🙂

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Oh, you are looking for a drop down list to select a person. Well, the product does have an "owner" field which accepts a user and does list a drop down list of all users. Does that work for your purposes? Otherwise, why not just use the Product context team to define special roles for that area? It should be possible to link that as an alias attribute back to the Product but you can also report those role members on reports if you need to.

tfritsch
4-Participant

Owner is a good solution, It can be change with every people of the org. It is visible in the product list (not the case for IBA) and the display of owner could be change (client want a specific name) just a last question about right, or anything else who be a trouble in windchill , is this field have specific function ? except grant access to the product I guess ? 

cgautier
17-Peridot

Bonjour tfritsch,
You're looking for information regarding Windchill, thanks for reaching out, this is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe.
Was the information provided helpful somehow?
Regarding the OWNER field, you can refer Windchill Help Center > Editing a Product page.
I also see ootb this field has a picker: is that what you're looking for?
KR,
Charles.

cgautier
17-Peridot

Bonjour tfritsch,
You're looking for information regarding Windchill, thanks for reaching out, this is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe.
Was the information provided helpful somehow?
Regarding the OWNER field, you can refer Windchill Help Center > Editing a Product page.
I also see ootb this field has a picker: is that what you're looking for?
KR,
Charles.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

This is not possible with alias attributes , reason is that there is no link between users and organization .

there is only a reference but it goes from WTUser-> organization , in other words we can cerate an alias from wtuser  get attributes from organization but not the other way   

your request is doable using (custom code) java algorithm for calculated attributes

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS226468   

Fede
Top Tags