cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Force End Item = Yes?

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Force End Item = Yes?

I'm on 10.1 M020 and I'm unable to force the End Item attribute on a WTPart soft type to "Yes" either through the OIR, Default Values tab, or both. Has anyone been able to do this? It always remains at "No" no matter what I do.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE5DF7.47CDAD90]

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image002.jpg@01CE5DF7.47CDAD90]

9 REPLIES 9

Pat,
Try using the Type and Attribute Manager and changing the default value on the Part object.
[cid:image003.jpg@01CE5DF8.214B7930]

Mike Ibosh

I think he tried this already. I had a similar problem with the Change Notice complexity. PTC said there was no way of forcing it to be BLANK (thus forcing a user to choose) and this led to a lot of issues with accidentally having it set to the wrong complexity because a user could simply ignore it.

[cid:image001.gif@01CE5DE0.D3B7D220]

Steve Vinyard
Senior Solution Architect

Yep I put that in my original email (Default Values tab). But for some reason it's not working.

[cid:image006.jpg@01CE5DFA.38A8B230]

Yeah just checked a 10.1 and 9.1 instance and neither specify endItem OOTB.

Checkout under codebase/com/ptc/core/rule/server/delegate/init/RuleConfigurableTypeAttribute.properties.xconf

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

you can default value for

This is a PERFECT solution - it works fine for me - many thanks

Worked like a champ. Thanks very much Shreyas.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE5FDA.D3AF8DD0]

You’re right David, endItem is not in this file so I assume it can’t be configured in the OIR. So can “any” attribute be defined here to be configured by the OIR? For example it would be really nice to know the WTPart View in the OIR to configure numbering for Design view parts differently than Manufacturing view parts.

<property name="wt.part.WTPart" default="number,name,lifeCycle,lifeCycle.id,teamTemplate,teamTemplate.id,folder.id,organization.id"/">

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE6028.AC10E5F0]

In theory any persisted property should be allowed. Non persistables maybe if used in conditionals. Java code required for certain attributes like setting part view or quantity to default or lock to each...buy...make etc. In those cases you may need to know the java class type persisted so your custom algorithm may return an instance of that type during rule execution. I typically look at these in the database for pointers. Using a customized resource bundle key I.e. Setting a default value other then make or buy etc or for a locked custom IBA etc.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone
Top Tags