cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Forced Inactive Workspace While Working In Creo Parametric

pstephens
6-Contributor

Forced Inactive Workspace While Working In Creo Parametric

Hello All,

We have a user here with a long existing issue that we have not been able to resolve via PTC Tech Support.

The user is on PDMLink 10.1, M020 with Creo Parametric M090 (was still happening in M050, M070 and M100) and he experiences regular inactive workspaces.

He will be working away, then selects a function and is virtually kicked out of PDMLink and is greeted with the Windows Security pane to log back into Windchill.

We have tried numerous things to try to remedy, but it is still happening.

If anyone has experienced a similar issue and has a fix, we would really appreciate finding out how you did it.

The content from the most recent email from the user is below:

Images from his email are attached.

"Just got back to my desk, woke up my machine and re-entered my password to reactivate my PC.

In Creo, selected workspace and immediately received the “Window Security” logon AGAIN, and from past experience only means one thing “Inactive Workspace”.

Only way for me to reactivate the workspaces is to kill my Creo session and start again, this happened to me last week 4 times within half an hour, however this error does not only occur entering my workspaces, it has happened first thing in the morning starting Creo, changing from models to drawings (in session), even whilst working on a part, renaming, saving, and sending prints.

Every time PTC tech have ask me to try and replicate the issue it’s not possible … randomly occurs … PTC have taken logs and sent these to their R&D to no avail.

Cache, config setting and .ui’s has been blown away several times, tried swapping internet explorer to Mozilla but this creates further issues with other software in my machine."

Thanks

Paul Stephens

Kenworth Trucks Australia

2 REPLIES 2
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:pstephens)

Paul,

Is it the user or the PC?

Does the user have the same issues on other PC's? If so, you may want to have IT
delete his (roaming/local) profile on the domain, and create a new one. The local copy of the
profile will also need to be deleted.

If the issue is specific to the PC, you may want to try the following:

With the user logged onto the PC and no programs running, delete the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Have the user log off the PC after saving data from his user area (typically c:\users)
Login as admin and delete the user area
Have the user log back onto the PC to re-create the user area
Launch IE, set any PTC recommended options, exit IE
Set PTC recommended IE registry settings for both user and system (Ref PTC document CS140968)
Check the network configuration to make sure the user is running at full duplex (on the PC and any network devices, switches)
- This has caused local Windchill issues in the past some of our users
Check the network routing from both the PC to the PDMLink server and from the PDMLink server back to the PC (traceroute or similar utility)
- If the path is not the same in both directions, Windchill may kick the user off because the expected query\response paths are different
- This happened to us at one of our facilities

If your IT group has PC images and can rebuild the machine quickly, you may want to simply have the machine rebuilt.

Regards,
Daniel Nordin
BAE Systems, Enterprise Shared Services
Application Solutions
Engineering Tools, ME Support Group
Nashua, NH 03061
www.baesystems.com

The same question was asked on the other forum and the apparent answer was that IE had been configured to delete Browsing history and this was taking the cookies with it. He ends the response that he'll check to be sure the problem is fixed after Christmas. http://communities.ptc.com/message/266665#266665

x

Top Tags