cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Formatting of IBA attribute with Date&Time to Date in Word & DTI

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Formatting of IBA attribute with Date&Time to Date in Word & DTI

Hi,

there's a couple of articles suggesting it is possible to convert Date&Time inserted to Word document through DTI to show just Date by adding \@ "YYYY-MM-dd" to the field. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS272094

Could someone provide the EXACT syntax how this is accomplished? Something like this maybe

{DOCPROPERTY IBA|APPROVAL_DATE \@ "YYYY-MM-dd" \* MERGEFORMAT}

It maybe an issue with versions of Windchill & Word I'm experiencing, but I can't rule that out.

2 REPLIES 2
BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:HJ1)

Hi,

It would be more useful if you told us your version of windchill and the version of office that you are using. 

However have a look a this call it explains why you may be getting different results. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs132614

In the screen grab below you can see the 3 different versions on one page. 

BryanK_0-1683589489698.png

And how I formatted them. 

BryanK_1-1683589819270.png

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:BryanK)

Hi,

Thanks for the input there already quite a while ago.

I didn't reply anything to "it would be more useful if you told us your version..." as it seemed like in this case it's of no relevance and I had a case opened with technical support which sort of proved this. First of all, the effort put to test this was remarkable and beyond expectation, big hand to the engineer involved. 

However, the question about version is interesting as testing showed the behavior is different depending on the version used, but also not consistent..! So, yes, when making a question it sort of would be useful, but in the end... how do you plan and prepare solutions with this sort of reliability.

So, anyone implementing similar: Play around and test a lot, but be prepared that someday (upgrade / update) it just does not do the job anymore.

Top Tags