cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Frustrated by lack of a good Tutorial for PTC Windchill Quality (Relex)

jrodriguez-2
1-Newbie

Frustrated by lack of a good Tutorial for PTC Windchill Quality (Relex)

Hello,

We have recently purchased and installed the PTC Windchill Quality Solutions 10.2 software.

We followed the basic tutorial that came with the software, so we now we can navigate the screens, load parts into Reliability and calculate reliability, and we also now can create a Fault Trees.

However, the provided tutorial fails to show the critical step on how to link the loaded parts, to the FMEA and to the Fault Tree analysis.

It has been really frustrating that the tutorial provided only takes us to the very basic steps, and not the steps needed in real-world applications where we would link the parts in one module to the analysis in the other modules.

Here is what we tried:

As a simple test to do a FTA, we loaded two components (a resistor and a Mosfet transistor) into the Reliability section. We can calculate reliability numbers, no problem.

We then started creating a FTA to link the two parts under an "AND" in the FTA; we created the Basic Event, but there is no way for us to link that Basic Event to one of the two parts that we loaded. We can only assign a constant reliability to the Basic Event; the rest of the options, including "Linked to assembly, part", are grayed out.

Then we noticed there is a way to import an FMEA into a FTA. But we don't know how to create an FMEA, using the two components already loaded into the Reliability module.

Anybody here that could tell me what is the steps to follow, to link the loaded parts of the Reliability module, to the FTA and FMEA?

How to link to the assembly or parts?

Anybody that knows of a good tutorial, that would be used once the basic tutorial from Windchill is done?

Thanks in advance !!

(P.S. I am attaching an image that shows the two components, the Faul Tree we created with the 2 basic events, and the window showing grayed out options to "Link to assembly, part,...")

2 REPLIES 2

I am having the same problem.

Same issue, lack of any real information. I'd like to create a repository or library of individual parts, with calculations attached, that I can just pull from to create systems on the fly - and I can't find a way to do it that doesn't involve first having the part in an existing system and importing the *entire* system into the new one. I'm sure there's probably a way, it seems like it would be a basic function but I can't find any documentation to walk me through it.

Top Tags