cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Generic is earlier than Instance

IanW
6-Contributor

Generic is earlier than Instance

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: I have a Family Table that an Instance that is at a later date than the Generic.

Description:

I have a Family Table that an Instance that is at a later date than the Generic.  I am not able to update the FT to bring both the instance and Generic to the latest iteration together.  How can I fix this FT?

The -.52 Generic references the -.2 instance.

The -.51 Generic references the -.3 instance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:IanW)

Do you have Windchill rights to check-out an older iteration? If so, check-out the -51 iteration and then check it back in as -53 iteration.

Rule of thumb for family tables is to never delete an instance. Mark it as obsolete or something, but do not delete it.

All of my hardware family tables are in a part library and only the system admins can modify them. These files are also set so the come into a normal workspace as read-only so the designers cannot screw them up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:IanW)

Do you have Windchill rights to check-out an older iteration? If so, check-out the -51 iteration and then check it back in as -53 iteration.

Rule of thumb for family tables is to never delete an instance. Mark it as obsolete or something, but do not delete it.

All of my hardware family tables are in a part library and only the system admins can modify them. These files are also set so the come into a normal workspace as read-only so the designers cannot screw them up.

IanW
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you, it worked as long as I checked out the instance that was out of date along with the generic.

Top Tags