cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Getting the report into the users hands

mdebower
18-Opal

Getting the report into the users hands

Hey, what is the secret to get the report I just created into the user's hands so they can use it?

I created a report for tracking some change management information and it works!!  Step one done.  Now how do I get that report in the hands of a regular user to be able to run at will?  I created the report at the ORG level as orgadmin.

Windchill 10.1 m040

- marc

CAD / PLM Systems Manager

6 REPLIES 6

Marc, you have to make your report ready to use.

In the query builder help guide you can find how to do it.

Marco

Hey Marco,

I found a link in the Reporting document that goes to a TS article that indicates you have to do it at the SITE level.  Can I do the same thing at the ORG level?

‌Sorry, not Marco .... Who beat me in answering first. Anyways https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS52000&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=report%20access&source=search  where I just lifted the two steps from in my other answer talks about that to expose org level reports you need to adjust OOTB access rules too.

So I added Reports to the access controls but found I also had to add Report Templates as well.  Without Report Templates being added, you saw the report, and when you went to run it, it would give an error message about the report template not existing...

Marc,

I'm sorry but yesterday I had a full day with our consultants on a project so I responded very quickly and without too much details at your question.

Marco

Its quite well hidden in the UI - and of top of that has two steps:

1. Edit the Report in Query Builder or Report Manager: Select Report > Properties and check Expose As Report
  2. Edit the Report from Organization > Reports, check Ready For Use, select Home (or desired Context) in Display Context(s) section and click Ok
Top Tags