cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Has anyone publish their prints in colors?

cying
10-Marble

Has anyone publish their prints in colors?

All of our prints from our publishers are done in monochrome.  We have some sites that wants to publish their prints in color.  I know we can set the option to print in color, however, I would like to gain some insight on the pros, cons and gotchas. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

5 REPLIES 5
jvonzastrow1
14-Alexandrite
(To:cying)

Some years ago I worked in a company where we did implement red color. We used red color to highlight change notes. This way it was very visual to see the change notes on pdf and on print.

My guess is that current industry standard is to use monochrome.  I see some pros and cons in using color PDF.

Inspection balloons is one, cabling is another, changes is another however we have a REV History box.  I don't think the publisher can toggle between monochrome vs color for varies sites.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

We publish our drawings in color for shaded views.

We also have some text on the drawings in red.

It all depends on how you set up your recipe file for publishing. We publish to PDF format and use Windchill so the files are viewable in CreoView.

cying
10-Marble
(To:BenLoosli)

I am aware that we can set the recipe files to print color.  Just wondering if this is set for corporate wide, do you need to define a standard on what color to use for each scheme...I.e., Notes, balloon call outs, revision history block, geometry etc.  I can see many pros and cons, but to get everyone in alignment is a tough job.  I don't know if you can have certain jobs to only go to color for the site that wants color PDF and others to go to monochrome.

jvonzastrow1
14-Alexandrite

@cying Yep - It is tuff to harmonies CAD usage. A lot can be done with a common installation process managed from central place. Using AD policy you can push files to all CAD workstation that will overwrite local files. This way you can make sure all configuration is in sync.

Top Tags