cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Has anyone try the new Rehosting Utility 3.0?

tchao
4-Participant

Has anyone try the new Rehosting Utility 3.0?

Has anyone try the new Rehosting Utility 3.0 yet?

The download page for the Rehosting Utility 2.0 is 27 MB in size, while Rehosting Utility 3.0 contains only 163 KB in size.

Want to make sure before downloading.  We are just upgrading to 10.2 M030.

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tchao)

I've downloaded it but haven't tried it yet.  3.0 doesn't include the ANT or Windchill DS stuff.  Not sure why...

rehost3.PNG

tchao
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Thank you, Tom.  This is interesting thing from PTC...

I found it very help in your reply to Which Rehosting Method?  Thanks a lot.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

I downloaded, installed, used a few times for the simplest situation - two workstations with Windchill and Oracle installed w/minimal data.  Worked ok.  Now to add scripts, etc. etc. Lots of documentation and generally good, but still I find it extremely difficult to use PTC documentation for Windchill admin's in general.  As almost always, I created a spreadsheet of all the modules and related properties - helps a lot.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

One more note - there is a line in the rehosting guide that specifically says that that you don't need escape one LDAP property with slashes, but in fact I needed to add the slashes in order to get it to run (Windows 7 Prof workstation, not a server).

"Windows UNC paths require adding an additional backslash (\) as an escape character at the beginning of the path. For example:

staging.directory.windchill=\\\mcsrc.src.domain\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill"

Top Tags