cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Help! "Build Failed" WT Part Error

smandel
5-Regular Member

Help! "Build Failed" WT Part Error

Hey all. I've got a big problem that has me completely perplexed. We just recently (last week) updated our Windchill to 11. This may or may not have something to do with this. Anyway, before the update a WT part was created and related to a Creo .prt. This part was used in several assemblies and WT part structures were built that included this part. No issues. Today, I tried to use it in a new assembly and when I went in the .asm info page, went to compare to part structure and clicked build structure I got the following error "Build Failed: Build cannot add the following children to the Part structure: "Part-12307, 2 TAB WELD NUT, A.4 (Design)" The associations between the CAD Document/Model Item and Parts were created incorrectly. Please contact your system administrator." I have absolutely no idea what to do. Like I said, this part has existed and been used in WT structure before. Now I'm completely stuck. Any help would be great. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cclough
3-Visitor
(To:smandel)

I just came across this same error message. Looking at the Association "link" between the CAD object and WTpart everything looked fine, showed association as Owner. However, going into Edit Associations in the CAD part I found that there were 2 Owner associations one to the current Version and another to the previous Version. I deleted the Owner association to the old Version. I then went to the associated WTpart and checked it back in. Then we tried checking in the assembly that had been throwing the error and it checked in with no error messages.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bsindelar
6-Contributor

Susan,

Is this still an issue for you?

One thing you can try is to manually dissociate and reassociate the link between the CAD part and WTPart for "Part-12307, 2 TAB WELD NUT, A.4 (Design)" and see if that makes it a "correctly-created" association.

If you have the error stack from the MethodServer log for this error that may also provide more information.

cclough
3-Visitor

I just came across this same error message. Looking at the Association "link" between the CAD object and WTpart everything looked fine, showed association as Owner. However, going into Edit Associations in the CAD part I found that there were 2 Owner associations one to the current Version and another to the previous Version. I deleted the Owner association to the old Version. I then went to the associated WTpart and checked it back in. Then we tried checking in the assembly that had been throwing the error and it checked in with no error messages.

smandel
5-Regular Member
(To:cclough)

Thank you so much for your reply Craig!

Top Tags