cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Hiding custom actions seems flaky, appearing and disappearing

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Hiding custom actions seems flaky, appearing and disappearing

So we implemented custom Publishing actions per cs211115 and initial tests were great. Combining search results and batch publishing is awesome. 3/4 of the way down they talk about "For example, if you want to hide the new Publish Tools default visibility value for All Members and give the access permissions only to the manager, modify the followings" and go on to suggest modifications to the roleaccessprefs.xml which we had done:

<uic name="list_Rep" order="4010" enabled="true" defaultAll="false" defaultManager="true" defaultGuest="false" managerEnabled="true" guestEnabled="false"/>
    </global>

My assumption was that admins and Product Managers would see this actions in search and folders pages. Normal members would not see the action. I have test user setup and actions still appeared. They suddenly, they were missing and then back again. I cannot make heads or tails of this. Am I missing something here? Is there a caching issue going on since I am switching between accounts?

avillanueva_0-1645029655999.png

I am not using profiles other than license profiles but I do see the custom action appearing as a choice in profiles but all are defaulted off so that means action should be hidden if I was using that profile. I checked Author profile and its unchecked there too. 

The customization does have a UI Validator so I guess I could be explicit there and limit only to admins but the appearing and disappearing has me stumped. Any thoughts on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solution in my cases ended up adding a filter and using an existing action to limit only to site admins. I see documentation to add my own Simple Filter if need be. 

<action name="list_deleteRepOnly" multiselect="true" selectRequired="true" checkaccess="true" uicomponent="list_Rep">
                         <command class="com.ptc.wvs.util.customRepsCommands" method="deleteRepresentationsOnly" onClick="onClickValidation(event,&apos;customDeleteSelectedRepsAndMarkups&apos;)"/>
                        <includeFilter name="hideActionsForNonSiteAdmin" />
                  </action>

"hideActionsForNonSiteAdmin" worked great. Problem solved. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Solution in my cases ended up adding a filter and using an existing action to limit only to site admins. I see documentation to add my own Simple Filter if need be. 

<action name="list_deleteRepOnly" multiselect="true" selectRequired="true" checkaccess="true" uicomponent="list_Rep">
                         <command class="com.ptc.wvs.util.customRepsCommands" method="deleteRepresentationsOnly" onClick="onClickValidation(event,&apos;customDeleteSelectedRepsAndMarkups&apos;)"/>
                        <includeFilter name="hideActionsForNonSiteAdmin" />
                  </action>

"hideActionsForNonSiteAdmin" worked great. Problem solved. 

Top Tags