cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Hiding reference parts from e-bom and hiding the weight of reference?

ptc-6807675
1-Newbie

Hiding reference parts from e-bom and hiding the weight of reference?

Hey there!

First of all we use M050 and 2.0 release.

We're trying to hide part which i use only for reference on my assembly. We use some parts just for review but when i get e-bom report i don't want to see those parts on the list and on the drawing table.

So our advisor found a solution like this;

Opening the "Parameter" window when assembly window is opened, and on the parameter window we select component option for choosing reference parts, and choosing which parts that we don't want to see on e-bom report and drawing table, then adding a parameter name as "REFERENCE" and selecting its type as "YES or NO" then if we write "yes" we select this part as reference.

For hiding this part on table we add a reference column and add rule on the table like this: &asm.mbr.cparam.REFERENCE!=YES

After that we can hide those parts that we dont want to see on the table and on the e-bom just with button that we creat we hide the reference parts.

In a word we make this process as simple/automatic as we can so we can eliminate the human mistakes.

Now i want to ask;

-Is there any more simple solution for this process?

-When we choose a part as reference we don't want to see it's weight on the table, because you know it's a reference part... How can hide the reference parts' weight?

-If you know a better solution for hiding parts on e-bom and on the table can you explain please? P.s: We just want this process on the solid model, so -we don't want to hide parts on the table with filtering option.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags