cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Hmm any clue?

tbusch
1-Newbie

Hmm any clue?

Hey guys, I know this isn't the "tech support" forum, but anyone have a clue why this would show up on the search page on my 9.1 sandbox?

[cid:image001.png@01CB6468.24A7E370]

"User not found: unknown web name: ..."

I cloned it from another 9.1 system and I'm guessing I missed a step, but I haven't got a clue what I might have missed. Everything besides searching seems to work properly.

TIA!

-Thomas R. Busch
Sr. Software Developer
Stryker Instruments
(269) 323-7700 x4014
tom.busch@stryker.com<">mailto:tom.busch@stryker.com>

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or their authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting the email immediately.
7 REPLIES 7
ShawnLothrop
4-Participant
(To:tbusch)

We've seen this issue before. A configuration setting in LDAP or the database is probably still referring to the old hostname. Try adding an entry to your hosts file to point the original hostname at the IP of the cloned system.

-- Shawn

ddemay
1-Newbie

Info*engine configuration I do believe.

Also look at web.xml and ie.properties under codebase/WEB-INF/lib

Now where's my shiny tech support points? Haha.

I have had the error before, and is common with cloning that a host/domain name is missed.

David

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
tbusch
1-Newbie

See, that's the thing, I've already got the hosts file pointing the old server name at the new server.

I think you guys are right, that it's an infoengine/ldap issue, but I'm not sure what to look at.

-Thomas R. Busch
Sr. Software Developer
Stryker Instruments
(269) 323-7700 x4014
tom.busch@stryker.com

Tom,

What Maintenance release did you perform this rehost on?

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*Fax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

I have a user that when he makes the server connection in Pro/E to Windchill it immediately crashes Pro/E. It only seems to happen on one machine. I've looked in the Pro/E trail file and std files, but don't see anything of note. Any suggestions for what Windchill logs to look at, or has anyone seen this kind of behavior before?

Thanks, John

This electronic message including any attachments ("Message") may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under trade secret and other applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, permanently delete all copies of this Message, and be aware that examination, use, dissemination, duplication or disclosure of this Message is strictly prohibited.

Try exporting the root.ldif and looking for the older server name in the root.ldif. then go into LDAP and change to the new server name where ever the old one is found.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. What worked was going into
C:\Documents and Settings\<userlogin>\Application Data\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\
And renaming (and eventually deleting) the .wf folder.

Thanks, John

Top Tags