cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How Can I create a window in a work flow and in that window you can select some combobox?? Thanks in advance

cbarboza
1-Newbie

How Can I create a window in a work flow and in that window you can select some combobox?? Thanks in advance

I need to create a page and you will see some combobox so how can I create a new page in windchill.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Carlos,

Actually your question is no have detail, so I can't answer more detail.

Could you tell us more detail requirement?

Eric

Hi Eric I need if I can create a combobox in a workflow .

Someting like this.

combobox-de-3-niveles-con-datos-cargados-via-ajax-y-json.jpg

‌I was thinking the same as Eric. Most people here know how a combo box looaks .

It would help more if you gave us a bit more info on your higher level business need. What is it the user should accomplish in the scenario you are solving? What is the meaning/purpose of the values? Then we can better guide you.

Do they relate to e.g. a part or document like a color choice for a part in Windchill or are they more related to a workflow decision like approve or send to a given recipient or role? Because normally you would add your combo box as an attribute to an existing object, e.g. Part or workflow task. By this you don't have to build the user interface manually but can work at a "higher level" simply by adding your data as an attribute to the appropriate object type (In the type and attribute manager)

Of course you can build everything from the ground up as Windchill is simply a Java based web server so anything can be built as servlets and jsp pages etc.

Hi let me explain better the client have some departments (Construccion,Desarrollo,Mantenimiento) each departments has other departments and this departments has a code, So I need to store this code in windchill, I know that I can create a variable in a workflow but this is not the idea because the people doesn't know all the code.

I know that I can create a jsp pages but I would like to have more information about how can I do it.

Thanks in advance.

The info you give is helping - but I want more 😉 So:

I saw you posted this other question: I need to create a form to insert data How can I do it? Is this related to the same - so you essentially need to let the user pick a department and add it as an attribute onto document objects?

If that's what you want to do you can simply add a string attribute with a constraint of enumerated values in the type and attribute manager to your document type (or document subtype).

If you need a mapping between real full department names and their codes I would worry about that as a 2nd step.

If I didn't hit the nail on it's head with the above please answer the other questions I asked in my previous post. I put them there for a reason and having to guess what you must achieve only puts the workload on me and you get less progress solving your client need.

Top Tags