cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How can Action Performed On property from Work Item be added to a report template?

mariaSutton
8-Gravel

How can Action Performed On property from Work Item be added to a report template?

I am trying to create a report template that includes the "Performed On" value found under the Task History section. I was able to find actionPerformedOn under Property Report when looking up wt.workflow.work.WorkItem but cannot find actionPerformedOn when on the "Select or Constrain" tab when created a Report Template.

Any advise it appreciated. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @mariaSutton 

This page can help you Windchill Reporting Resource (@Marco_Tosin was faster 😄)

and here is many reports created by other users

Resource for reporting

additionally I use jcaDebug=1 for getting detail information about object in tables. 

here is an article how to use it How to use "jcaDebug"

here is example how I found the table

HelesicPetr_0-1695799744945.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

If I understand your question properly, you need to pull in the tabke 'WfVotingEventAudit' which contains the votes, timestamps, comments, etc.  Refer to this article for some guidance: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS130932 

Be sure to use this great resource too!  Many great ideas and starter queries that you can cater to your specific need.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Tips/Resource-for-reporting/ta-p/817824 

I am not sure if WfVotingEventAudit is the correct table. The property I am trying to capture can be found when looking at the Task page in Windchill. On the Task page there is a table called Task History; in this table there is a column named Performed On. 

Hi @mariaSutton 

Can you show it ? just take a screenshot what you are looking for.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr, this is the property I am trying to capture. I think you are right with it being in wt.workflow.engine.WfAssignmentEventAudit. 
MR_10589254_0-1695756187669.png

Can you offer insight in the best way to match/map properties from a page in windchill to an attribute in a table?
Does looking at the page inspect/elements help? What's your favorite tool or approach when creating a custom report template?
Do you know if PTC University has a specific course that could help my query builder skills? TIA

Before looking for a PTC course, I recommend that you start by reading this support article.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/wnc-reporting-landing/

It is more comprehensive than the Windchill online help, and you can also find concrete examples, with some short demonstration videos.

Marco

Hi @Marco_Tosin,
Thank you for this link. This link seems very helpful, I have bookmarked it. Can't go wrong with some good examples and demo videos. 

Hi @mariaSutton 

This page can help you Windchill Reporting Resource (@Marco_Tosin was faster 😄)

and here is many reports created by other users

Resource for reporting

additionally I use jcaDebug=1 for getting detail information about object in tables. 

here is an article how to use it How to use "jcaDebug"

here is example how I found the table

HelesicPetr_0-1695799744945.png

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr
Thank you so much for all the tips. The jcaDebug is an awesome tool! I was very frustrated and feeling unsure about developing future reports but this seeing this tool has me excited again. 

Hi @mariaSutton 

It is wt.workflow.engine.WfAssignmentEventAudit

PetrH

Top Tags