cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How can I correctly show these two fields? (They have suddenly stopped working)

RS_11013548
4-Participant

How can I correctly show these two fields? (They have suddenly stopped working)

RS_11013548_0-1718649056863.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just to be clear, the image you shared was of a WTPart and you highlighted the "Described By Documents" and "Reference Documents" tables. These tables would show related Documents.

Scrolling further down (cut off in the image you shared) is the "CAD/Dynamic Documents" table which would show related CAD Documents.

In Windchill, Documents and CAD Documents are two different things!

You showed another image where you were trying to search for the CAD Document, but that search window looks like it is for Reference Documents. That won't return CAD Documents, only Documents.

Links in Windchill are bidirectional, so if you see the link you're looking for on one object, it is for sure on the other object. You may just be looking in the wrong table. If you are looking in the right table, make sure that the table isn't filtered and that the View you're using in that table isn't omitting the items you're expecting to see.

joe_morton_0-1718992881036.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RS_11013548)

What version and release of Windchill?

All parts or just this one part?

Did the object have the relationships listed before?

RS_11013548
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Release 13.0.0.1

All parts have this issue!

I'm not sure if the relationships where listed before...

What if it is a permission problem? Then how can I solve it?

Hello,

Just refresh the page if you have documents linked already.

If WTDocuments(Documents) objects are not linked to the WTPart , please link it by clicking + button. 

Refreshing the page didn't work... 😕

RS_11013548_0-1718716012627.png

And I cannot find my CAD document by its number to link with (the number is correct)

rleir
17-Peridot

Might need to clear the browser cache.

RS_11013548
4-Participant
(To:rleir)

Cleared it, but didn't work either

Two questions.  One might be a little simplistic so forgive me.  But we need to be sure.

1. Are you sure there are files attached?

2. What browser are you using? IE is no longer supported.  Only Chrome and Edge are supported.

RS_11013548
4-Participant
(To:STEVEG)

We can see the related parts from the CAD document, but the other way around doesn't work!

( So { DOCUMENT => PART } link exists! )

How can I be sure that there is a connection from the part to the document? ( Check if { DOCUMENT <= PART } link exists )

I am using MS Edge!

rleir
17-Peridot

I think you are talking of the DescribedBy link

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Describes-and-DescribedBy-relationship/td-p/914009

Have you explored this in QueryBuilder?

But no: you say they suddenly stopped working.  You need to troubleshoot what things changed just before the links stopped working.

Just to be clear, the image you shared was of a WTPart and you highlighted the "Described By Documents" and "Reference Documents" tables. These tables would show related Documents.

Scrolling further down (cut off in the image you shared) is the "CAD/Dynamic Documents" table which would show related CAD Documents.

In Windchill, Documents and CAD Documents are two different things!

You showed another image where you were trying to search for the CAD Document, but that search window looks like it is for Reference Documents. That won't return CAD Documents, only Documents.

Links in Windchill are bidirectional, so if you see the link you're looking for on one object, it is for sure on the other object. You may just be looking in the wrong table. If you are looking in the right table, make sure that the table isn't filtered and that the View you're using in that table isn't omitting the items you're expecting to see.

joe_morton_0-1718992881036.png

Thanks!! The information was there

Top Tags