cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How can I create new product in Windchill 11.0 M030

hsano-2
8-Gravel

How can I create new product in Windchill 11.0 M030

Hi,

I cannot create new product on Windchill 11.0 M030.

I logged in site administrator and click "View All" of Products tab, but there ware not "New product" button.

It has any other necessary setting properties?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I solved this problem myself.
・Log in to Windchill as the Site Administrator
・Open the Details Page of the Organization
・Select Actions > Edit
・Set Subscriber - organization can host libraries, products, and projects to Yes

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @hsano-2,

Make sure the currently logged in user that is site administrator has Organization assigned. You can do it from Site > Utilities > Participant Administration.

Thanks,

Shirish

Thanks for your reply.

I created org administrator and add  "Administrators" and "Product Creators"  to this account.

But "New Product" button was not appear yet. 

I attach screenshots showing the situation.

I solved this problem myself.
・Log in to Windchill as the Site Administrator
・Open the Details Page of the Organization
・Select Actions > Edit
・Set Subscriber - organization can host libraries, products, and projects to Yes

isodius
7-Bedrock
(To:hsano-2)

What is the reason why the "Subscriber" radio option would not have the string "organization can host libraries, products and projects" after it?

All the documentation for adding a new Project indicates that I should enable the radio option that is labeled "Subscriber - organization can host libraries, products and projects" but the screens which I see only show the label "Subscriber" with no additional text after that.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Site admin does not have all of the rights you think it would have.

To create a product, you need to be an Org Admin, or have the site admin add the org admin rights.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Also, the default wcadmin is not in the default organization, which limits what it can do until you switch the organization in the LDAP from site to the organization name. See the screen shot.

Hi,

I do have such pre-requisite in my environment as well. However, I do not see this behavior  in OOTB that, a user  need to be in to Org Admin group along with Product creator role as well to create a product. 

where do I check for this rule/condition in my environment?

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Site admin has to have an email address. If using wcadmin, have to assign one.  Doesn't have to be valid but has to be valid format (e.g. a.b@c.com

Top Tags