cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How can I move a checked-in part to another context?

psobejko
12-Amethyst

How can I move a checked-in part to another context?

Hi everyone, I hope this is easy to understand:

I made a new Creo part and by default it was checked into Windchill in the context called /Working/mystuff/

I actually wanted this part to be in another context called /Products/widget, but when I try to move it, I get the following error:

Life cycle template of object "my_part.prt, 0.0" does not exist in the target context.

The strange thing is if I were to check in this part directly into the /Products/widget context, things work just fine.

In the past, my remedy for such "filing mistake" was to open my new part in Creo, delete the one I mistakenly filed from the /Working context and then check-in the opened part into the correct /Products context. However, this time I can't do this because the part was filed when I checked in the parent assembly and so now it is a dependent and can't be deleted.

I think the answer is to change the life cycle template of this part, but I'm not sure how to do this...

Please help me while I try to read the Windchill reference guide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:psobejko)

Moving between contexts requires that the Lifecycle and Version scheme be the same.

Appears that a different Lifecycle is being assigned in the two product contexts that you list. Can verify by examining the Object Initialization Rules (OIRs) in each of the Products for the Lifecycle attribute.

Workaround for one item: Reassign Lifecycle for the object to be moved.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:psobejko)

Moving between contexts requires that the Lifecycle and Version scheme be the same.

Appears that a different Lifecycle is being assigned in the two product contexts that you list. Can verify by examining the Object Initialization Rules (OIRs) in each of the Products for the Lifecycle attribute.

Workaround for one item: Reassign Lifecycle for the object to be moved.

Top Tags