cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How can a DataUtility be used to Hide/Show or Require/NotRequire an Attribute based on an Attribute?

bcedar
14-Alexandrite

How can a DataUtility be used to Hide/Show or Require/NotRequire an Attribute based on an Attribute?

While implementing CAPA for our company, I realized that they use the DataUtility field to identify a method that allows them to show or hide specific values based on other attributes... If Risk Required is set to yes, then show the Risks table.  If Change Notice is required, then show two more attributes to define Change Notice Type and Name.... etc...

I tried to create one that I can use for similar purposes.  Show/Hide and Require/NotRequire attributes in a subtyped ChangeActivity based on a variable called Intent.  Didn't quite work out.  I'm not looking for help troubleshooting, but more looking for clearer examples of how to make a DataUtility.  The examples I have found have been superficial and not very helpful.

2 REPLIES 2
mbrock
5-Regular Member
(To:bcedar)

Hi @bcedar did you ever make any headway here? This would be an incredibly useful feature to have.

bcedar
14-Alexandrite
(To:mbrock)

Nope, ended up subtyping the Change Request object and implementing our CAPA process from that.  Now that we have flexible change links and cascading dropdowns, I may revisit some of the decisions that were made in that process based on only having static layouts.

Top Tags