cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How can we delete saved filters in Workspace

HS_10371487
3-Visitor

How can we delete saved filters in Workspace

I am having issues in deleting Saved filters in Workspace. I am getting error "Not able to delete as it is not owned by you". I have admin privileges, even then I am receiving same error. 

Hence, how can we delete Saved filters in "Add to Workspace" option.

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @HS_10371487 

Login as a creator user and delete it.

If you do not know the password change it in a Directory server.

If you do not have access to the directory server contact your IT department to help you. 

PetrH

Thank you for the information. As creator user has left the organization, we are not able to delete it. As discussed with PTC member, site admin dont have access to delete filters as of now and there is no immediate fix for this. Please refer this article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs263253

Hi @HS_10371487 

It is not problem that person left company. You just need to login with the user account  A site administrator is able to achieve it. 

Sure I can imagine a strict company policy but with responsible person you can do it.  

PetrH

A SQL way still exist as a remedy before the enhancement is available:

1. Run the below query to get a returned OID of the "Saved filters" entrie(s)

select nc.ida2a2 from NavigationCriteria nc, wtuser
where nc.applicabletype='wt.epm.EPMDocument'

and nc.name='BOM_July19'
and wtuser.name='kp997';

2. Delete the entrie(s) from the NavigationCriteria table

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Joe_Sun)

Hi @Joe_Sun 

Are there any consequences? Is it safe? for example for future upgrade ?

PetrH

Joe_Sun
21-Topaz I
(To:Joe_Sun)

100 percent safe, as long as not deleting any other unrelated entries, by just delete the one with returned da2a2 will be fine.

You might have some admin privileges but are you the Org Admin?  That might have something to do with it too.

Top Tags