cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How do I access a ex-employees local workspaces on his workstation?

ptc-224212
1-Newbie

How do I access a ex-employees local workspaces on his workstation?

In our old Intralink 3.4, anyone who logged into a workstation would see the local workspaces (.proi folder and contents). With the new Windchill 10.1 - things are dedicated to a specific user name on the workstation. I have a new employee coming in who needs to review all the ex-employees work and continue on with it.

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:ptc-224212)

There is no easy/nice way to do this that I know of.

If you can log in as the ex-employee you can either backup the data from the workspace to disk so that the new employee can import it into his new workspace or you can check in the modified data.

Alternatively, (not fully recommended--at least not without backing up the cache folder first) you can connect to the old user's cache (by setting PTC_WF_ROOT) as the new user, backup the modified data to disk (or check in), disconnect, reconnect to the new user's correct cache and bring in the data into the new user's workspace from disk (or from commonspace)

Assuming everything was uploaded to the serverside workspace. I rename the user, adding an _ to the beginning of their name, and assign a password. now I can log in as that user to check in any data that new employee will need. That new employee can then get the data in their own workspace and check it out for changes...

Top Tags