cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How do I filter out a product based on user's choices?

ptc-4677956
1-Newbie

How do I filter out a product based on user's choices?

Hi,

I need to filter out a particular product based on user's choices using the Options and Varinats functionality of Windchill10.1

Illustration: I have three options: Tyres ,Engine and Gear Box with following choices-A,B,C for each

Some valid combinations are defined as per the company;s constraints(How do we define these rules???)

Part One-Tyre A, Engine A and Gear Box C

Part Two-Tyre B, Engine B and Gear Box C

Part Three-Tyre C, Engine A and Gear Box C

Any combination apart from this is considered invalid.

How can I achieve to filter out Part One when the user selects Tyre-A Engine A and Gear Boc C out of the entire list??

Kindly help.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Have you reviewed the options and variants documentation in the Windchill Help Center (Data Management Capabilities > Windchill Options and Variants Capabilities)? If so, was it helpful to you? Do you have suggestions for improving it?

Thanks,

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Windchill Publications
T 763.957.8299 E -

Yes,I did. However, I found it a bit confusing. Here are a few points which were not covered.

1.The documentation on Variants did not cover details.

2.The difference between Options and Variants and its counterpart Product Structure Explorer were not mentioned.Hence,it was difficult to compare the two and choose between them.

A few suggestions:

1. Try explaining a complicated feature (where there is scope for ambiguity) with a small real-time example.

2. Try to include a few screenshots wherever necessary, especially the outcome,so that it is easy to visualise the output.

3. Please provide more information on topics like "How to create a variant"(The existing one was a little confusing)

Thanks and Regards,

Sandip Sharma

Thank you for the feedback. I'll work with the writer on incorporating the information you've suggested.

Jane

Top Tags