cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How do I generate a report of members in a product container?

Clipper_captain
6-Contributor

How do I generate a report of members in a product container?

Greetings all.

I want to generate a report, in Excel format if possible, that shows all the members of a product container in Windchill 11.0. I would like the report to expand any groups that are in the container to show the members of the group also. I am wanting to avoid having to copy and paste and then manually update the list.

I would ideally like the report to look something like this:

Member                                   Role                    Email

Joe Shmoe                              Observer             Joe.Shmoe@xyzcompany.com

CAD Designers Group

Jim Shmoe                         Observer               Jim.Shmoe@xyzcompany.com

I hope that this is understandable. If you know of a way to accomplish this, please let me know. Any assistance that can be offered, would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is an old article that comes from the ptcuser migration that I'm using to get groups-->users relation.

You must use a Java method in your query builder to get this relation.

Please take a look at this article https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Reporting-Groups-and-Users/m-p/220306

Here you can read a PTC article on Using Java Methods in Query Builder in Windchill

Both articles are collected in this document Resource for reporting

Marco

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Site, Utilities, Report Management, New Report

Type: Container Team

select various reportable items (e.g. Name (of the Context), Roles, Members Map)

I have a report for group members, but I don't think it can get information on Groups. My understanding is that Group data comes from the LDAP server, and the queries you an develop in Windchill can't access data in the other server.

There is an old article that comes from the ptcuser migration that I'm using to get groups-->users relation.

You must use a Java method in your query builder to get this relation.

Please take a look at this article https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Reporting-Groups-and-Users/m-p/220306

Here you can read a PTC article on Using Java Methods in Query Builder in Windchill

Both articles are collected in this document Resource for reporting

Marco
Top Tags