cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How do I only add a family table instance to my workspace in Windchill

Blackhawk
11-Garnet

How do I only add a family table instance to my workspace in Windchill

Hello - I am using Creo 6 and Windchill 11.0.  We use library parts such as screws and washers.  Currently, when I want to use one of these library parts in my assembly, when I add the particular instance to my workspace it pulls in the generic and all the instances to my workspace.  In some cases this will add over 100 instances to my workspace.  Is there a way to only add the single instance that I need to my workspace?  I am not modifying the instance, I just want add it to my assembly.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Admin can change at Site or Organization (Organization is recommended).

Each user can change under Quick Links, My Settings, Preferences.

Search for Add to Workspace, then Collector.  The same set of collection preferences is there for many actions including this one.  See Family Tables.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The generic always needs to be added to the workspace.

Only the generic includes a file.  Look on the generic and then on any instance at the Content tab, Primary Content. You will see a file for only the Generic.

The other instances do not need to be added; this is controlled via Collection Preference under Add to Workspace and other actions.

I am OK with adding the generic and the single instance that I need.  Can you give me more detail on the collection preference?

Admin can change at Site or Organization (Organization is recommended).

Each user can change under Quick Links, My Settings, Preferences.

Search for Add to Workspace, then Collector.  The same set of collection preferences is there for many actions including this one.  See Family Tables.

Workspace

Add to Workspace and Checkout

Add to Workspace Collector

Include related Family table objects

Default setting is none

You can change for just yourself or an admin can change it for the Organization or Product context.

Leave the Site settings alone as PTC may change these in a maintenance release.

Top Tags