cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How do I quickly get contents of a CN into a workspace?

scleary
1-Newbie

How do I quickly get contents of a CN into a workspace?

I have a Change Notice (CN) with many parts attached to it that require modifications. How do I quickly get these parts into my workspace?

My current process is to print the full list of parts attached to the CN and then sequentially search for each item and individually add it to my workspace. This is very time consuming so is there a way to bring an CN (content of) straight into a workspace?

The way I see it, all the parts are already collected and attached to the CN so this should be a very simple task

9 REPLIES 9

In Windchill 10.2 if you are in the resulting objects and you select any object, it is under the Actions menu.

7-2-2015 10-25-49 AM.jpg

Thanks for the quick response Brian but I am working within Windchill 10.1 and cannot see this option when I navigate to resulting objects.

Do you know if this function added at 10.2 or is it just in a different location?

Your solution is exactly what I was looking for but i cant mark your answer as correct because I am on version 10.1!

It is new for 10.2.

ybagul
1-Newbie
(To:scleary)

I guess this feature was added in 10.2 M20 or M30.

On the side note, we needed this functionality in 9.1 and added a customization. We are now at 10.2 M10 and still use customization.

We are on M20.

scleary
1-Newbie
(To:ybagul)

Is it a simple process to customize the "resulting objects" table to add the "add to workspace" button?

I have taken a brief look at the customization tools but only a glance

ybagul
1-Newbie
(To:scleary)

Its neither trivial nor huge, midrange. I was going to share sample code, but realized that our customization was done for very specific use case. It cannot be generalized. I would recommend waiting for upgrade to 10.2 M20.

In 10.1 the only way to get it into your workspace directly from Resulting Objects is RMB > Open in Creo. Not the best but better than having to look at the number > do a search > Add to Workspace individually.

Until you upgrade, you may be able to do an indexed search by the ECN # and then add from the search results page.  That is what I typically would (I think it works even if you don't have the CN # in the attributes of the object but am not sure on that.

We can both look forward in 10.2 to being able to add directly from the Change Notice!

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags