cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How do I search windchill for Creo drawings? I want to filter out CAD models (assemblies, parts, etc..) and documents. I just want drawings with search keywords.

cschmid
12-Amethyst

How do I search windchill for Creo drawings? I want to filter out CAD models (assemblies, parts, etc..) and documents. I just want drawings with search keywords.

Help! I need an article that helps me to find what I want to find in Windchill faster. 
For example:  I want to find all parts that have keyword "Nut".  I don't want to see all the models I just want to see the various drawings so that I can find the right size I need.  However, windchill pulls up all 1500 models and exceeds the table limit and I cannot find what I need.

Also, how can I make search more powerful?

If I have the following library folder structure:

• Nuts
    • Acorn Nuts
    • Flange Nuts
    • Standard nuts
    • Standard nuts (black plating)
  • Screws

Is there a way I can create to create parameters and search for all nuts with a 1/4-20 thread and only search in the Nuts folder? 

This is just an example,  I understand that PTC has add-ons for fasteners, but I also want to be able other objects by parameters.  For example.  I have glass in different lengths and sizes.  Is there a way that I can create parameters in my parts to search for all glass: tempered, width:(11-12").

Being able to find parts that are already being used instead of creating new glass parts for each application can save 1,000 of hours of design and purchasing time.

Please can someone help.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:cschmid)

What version of Windchill are you using?

You should be able to do an advanced search and then add criteria that you want (like filename (*drw), name(*nut))

You should look at Windchill PartsLink for narrowing items down by parameters. This is exactly what it was designed to do:

Windchill PartsLink Classification and Reuse | PTC

You can search in a folder

Capture 2017-04-10_02-57-27_PM.png

Top Tags