cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How do I update the base failure rate in a Windchill Quality Solutions Prediction User Library

Tim_Willingham
3-Visitor

How do I update the base failure rate in a Windchill Quality Solutions Prediction User Library

I have a large amount of supplier FIT data that is more up to date than the 217 FN2 failure rate data included in the libraries of WQS. I have loaded a lot of that in as specified failure rates and updated the data into a user library. The problem is by using so many specified values the mission calculations based on the mission profile are not adjusting for temperature changes.

I have updated my user library using the import wizard for parts with an updated lambda B or base failure rate on 3 parts successfully. Then I tried to use the same import template to load several hundred parts and none of the lambda Bs updated. I can change a part from tagged to untagged or specified failure rate or calculated failure rate. I am very puzzled why I could change lambda B once but not again. 

Has anybody done this? If you have or you have suggestions please let me hear from you.

BTW - I exported my user library into an excel file and none of the lambdas or Pi values are present in the export or in the list of available fields.

1 REPLY 1

Tim,

If this is still an issue for you, I recommend that you open a case with PTC Technical Support for assistance.

Top Tags